Saturday, December 17, 2016

Oven Roasted Broccoli


This has become one of our favorite vegetables to serve with dinner. Roasting in the oven caramelizes the broccoli, giving a slightly nutty flavor and brown color on the pieces touching the pan. It takes longer for the oven to heat up then to get it ready to put it in. 

The Hubs chopped up the broccoli for this batch, so I used fresh. Usually I grab a couple of bags of florets out of the freezer, and it is SO good! I roast it on a jelly roll pan and the four us usually take care of the whole thing at one sitting. When I use frozen, I do not thaw before baking.


Oven Roasted Broccoli

1 large head of broccoli or 2- 10oz bags frozen florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste OR 1 teaspoon FishMama Spice

Preheat oven to 425ยบ 

Mix broccoli and olive oil on sheet pan. Sprinkle with seasoning. Bake 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment